Friday, November 25, 2011

First 4x5 Bee Block

Here is my very first block for the 4x5 Modern Quilt Bee. This will be my first time participating in a bee where I get to do whatever I want with the quilt in the end. I love helping others, but I am super psyched to have a quilt all my own as well. So far we've given away every quilt I've made lol.

This first block is for The Busy Bean. She requested red & aqua for her color scheme.


4x5 Bee, Q4 2011

The pattern is the entry from Quilt Dad into Quilt Uber-Fest earlier this year. I slightly modified the pattern to remove one seam in the arrows to keep the raindrop print from being broken up as much.

One down, four more to go. :)

<3 Kelsey


9 comments:

  1. I love the colours in your block and I think you more than deserve to keep a quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone is waiting for Nike Basketball to officially confirm Nike LeBron Retro releases. One of the pairs we’d love to see retro is the Kobe AD Nike LeBron 3 Superman PE from 2005.Today, LeBron James teased an image at the Cleveland’s ALCS game Kobe 8 against the Toronto Blue Jays of him wearing the MVP-awarded sneaker. Dressed in the Superman colors, the Kobe high tops shoe features an updated LeBron “LJ” logo in place of the OG “LBJ23” logo, which could be Curry 2 a good sign for retros to come.Check out the images below and on another note to these KD Shoes For Sale images, LeBron did use the hash tag #RetrosMaybeYesMaybeNo. How many of you are praying these are in Lebron James Shoes the works for a retro release?
    The Nike Kobe A.D. will debut its second retail colorway on Nike Basketball Shoes December 16 and it couldn’t have come out any cleaner.Keeping things simple with a black mesh upper, Curry 3 white midsole, solid rubber outsole (also in white), and a touch of red at the heel. It LeBron soldier 9 reminds us of the good ‘ol Playoff colorways from the Jordan era.I’m not loving the shoe on-court, NBA Stars Shoes but I may have to get this pair for casual use as it’s just too clean. This Kyrie 2 pair would also be recommended for those looking to play in the Kobe A.D. as it has Kobe venomenon 5 solid rubber outsoles which should perform better than the translucent outsoles on the grey version of the Kyrie 3 shoe.Stay tuned for the performance review and let us know how you’re feeling the Nike Kobe A.D. LeBron 11 You can grab this colorway now if you wanted to from Canadian retailer Capsule.
    Nike Basketball designed

    ReplyDelete

Comments for Kelsey Creates