Sunday, November 20, 2011

Autumn Sky

I love fall colors. The beautiful reds, oranges, and golds are so bright and rich. But the fall days that really leave me in awe are when the sky is that crystal clear blue - the contrast with the warm colors just makes them seem that much more vibrant. Like this beautiful photo I found on Flickr:

Turkey oak
Click through to see the original source.
So when I won a gift certificate last year from the generous Zibeline Knits via Momma's Kinda Crafty, I had to get this beautiful yarn:

From the Zibeline Knits shop.

Doesn't it just scream fall? I didn't get a chance to use it last fall since I was busy with a newborn, but this year I decided to take the time to crochet myself up a nice scarf.

Autumn Sky Scarf

The yarn was self-striping, and through a little playing, I was able to work it so one row was exactly one repeat of the yarn, so it created consistent stripes all the way along the scarf.

Autumn Sky Scarf

I felt this way I could really see the vibrancy of each color. I love the way the stripes look wrapped around my neck. I feel like I am wearing a sunburst.

Autumn Sky Scarf
That's me!
I'm entering this into the last month of Celebrate Color. There are always so many fantastic entries (I never even place lol) - do go and check it out if you want to be inspired by fall.

<3 Kelsey


11 comments:

  1. Wow! Very pretty and very impressive! I totally love what you've done with the yarn. Thanks for sharing with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making such beautiful yarn to work with!! ^_^

    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me wonder why I don't generally mix those colours together, because you're right, they look great.
    Love the colour pooling you did on your scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a lot of us have been trained not to put orange and red together, and I do agree you have to be careful with it, but I think having the blue from the opposite end of the color wheel helps balance it out. :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by! ^_^

    <3 Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel at Stitched in Color HaNovember 28, 2011 at 6:40 AM

    It's beautiful. I love those colors and it looks really great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great visual representation of Fall. Warm sunny days and crisp cool nights. Especially like the textural light weight open stitches.

    ReplyDelete

Comments for Kelsey Creates