Friday, November 18, 2011

do. Good Stitches November 2011

This month we were asked to do Modified Bento boxes in Americana colors: "turkey reds, faded reds, dark blues, dusky-grayish blues, tans, beiges, browns, an occasional gray or black". This was a real stretch for me since, as many of you know, I am generally drawn to bright, saturated colors. I also discovered I have almost no reds in my stash, and the few I do have are florals or juvenile. Note to self: keep an eye out for more modern reds.

I ended up going with mostly solids to stay true to the color story. For some reason, the natural beige keeps showing up too white in the photo. I promise its really a nice beige color keeping with the theme.


do. Good Sitches FAITH circle November 2011

These will get cut up and reassembled, similar to the quilt below (click through for reference).

If it's a boy quilt top

It's always good to stretch ourselves, right?

<3 Kelsey


2 comments:

Comments for Kelsey Creates