Sunday, January 23, 2011

Crafty Organization

In preparation for getting my new machine, I had started to organize my sewing stuff, which was split between being shoved in one side of the nursery closet in assorted boxes and bags behind the Rockband drumset, and the other half strewn all over my living room. The sudden appearance of my new machine and frame meant I had to finish. (And rearrange some furniture. :P)

So now, in my nursery closet I have all of the fabric not yet slated to a specific project like this:


The blue box on the right holds my non-quilting fabrics. Not pictured on the left are three neat boxes: one for patterns and templates, one for notions, and one with my yarn/crochet/knitting supplies.

Then in the living room, I have put together little bundles for each specific project I've bought the materials for. I also have a box for my fabric scraps, and an old comforter plastic thing (what are those called anyways?) for my batting scraps. It may not look as neat/pretty, but it's actually really great to have each project in a little bundle like that.


From top to bottom, left to right: My scrap bin. The first quilt I started that is still part way through being hand-quilted. This quilt has been done entirely by hand so far. Then a stack of fabric my dear mom bought me for Christmas to make a quilt for myself. I'm planning on doing the New Wave pattern from Oh Fransson! Then my apparel stack, including fabric for a Schoolhouse Tunic for myself and fabric for two sleepsacks for Paul. Down on the bottom I have fabric for a couple new receiving blankets, a half cut shirt I started before I was pregnant, but had to go on hold since it was sized for pre-pregnant me, some planned pillows, and some fabric for some curtains in Paul's Nursery. Yikes. I clearly need to get busy.

The right of this cabinet also has three drawers I used to store my frequently used tools: rulers, rotary cutter, scissors, thread, needles, etc. My box of thread makes me happy. :)


<3 Kelsey

9 comments:

  1. It looks to me as if you are very organized and ready to pick up anything at a moment's notice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are very organized and ready to pick something up at a moment's notice.

    ReplyDelete

  3. نقل اثاث داخل جدة نقل اثاث داخل جدة
    دينا نقل اثاث جدة دينا نقل اثاث جدة
    افضل شركة نقل اثاث من جدة الى الرياض شركة نقل اثاث من جدة الى الرياض
    شركة نقل اثاث من جدة الى دبي شركة نقل اثاث من جدة الى دبي

    ReplyDelete

Comments for Kelsey Creates