Saturday, January 1, 2011

Buttercup Purse

So I had fully planned out a gift for my sister-in-law. I found out what color she is into (turquoise), and bought a whole set of coordinating red, aqua/turquoise, and grey fabrics for it. Then, as a showed my husband what I bought, he said I should make her a purse. My sister-in-law and I have enjoyed purse shopping together in the past, and as soon as he said it I realized he was right. Too bad he didn't think of it about 3 hours sooner before I bought a bunch of fabric that is now just going to be added to my stash. Oh well. My life is so hard. ;)

I used two prints from the stack (ironically neither containing turquoise), and decided to use the Buttercup pattern from Made by Rae.  I was worried about the cotton being too weak for a purse, so I sewed in a layer of home decor weight fabric from my stash in between the exterior and the lining.

IMG_0624

IMG_0626

IMG_0629

Doesn't it just look so cute hanging with all the stockings? ^_^

<3 Kelsey

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful and yes so cutes with the stockings. Still can't figure how you can get so much sewing done with a new wee one. Super job honey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I've had this pattern saved for a while, I definitely need to give it a shot. Great fabric choices, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this bag. I saw the pattern before but wasn't sold on it, but your bag has changed my mind. The fabric you chose for the exterior is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really adorable! Love love love it! Fabric choices are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I love the picture too...

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great bag! This is definitely going into my must-make pile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great bag! This is definitely going into my must-make pile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is really adorable! Love love love it! Fabric choices are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and yes so cutes with the stockings. Still can't figure how you can get so much sewing done with a new wee one. Super job honey.

    ReplyDelete

Comments for Kelsey Creates