Tuesday, August 26, 2014

FCMQG Quilt Retreat 2014

A couple of weekends ago I had the pleasure of joining 10 other lovely ladies from the Fort Collins Modern Quilt Guild for a 3 night retreat. I spent most of my time hand sewing down binding and a sleeve on my Chicopee quilt while looking at this:

Not a bad way to spend a weekend. :)

At the retreat we did a mini-quilt swap, and I decided to dig into my Mendocino scraps and create a half-size swoon.

FCMQG Retreat Mini Swap

The Charlie Harper gold matches the Mendocino gold amazingly well. I used more of this print on the back.

FCMQG Retreat Mini Swap

I added a tiny scrap of seahorses to the binding for a little extra detail.

FCMQG Retreat Mini Swap

In exchange I received this lovely mini quilt from kaliebridgel, which now hangs above my desk so I can stare at it all day while I work. :)

Mini Quilt received at FCMQG Quilt Retreat Summer 2014

<3 Kelsey

17 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful Swoon! Great work and an amazing view :) Best, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mendocino Swoon Mini is so beautiful! I think I'll print the picture of it and pin it to my wall so I can imagine having one, too. Or maybe I'll try to make one.

    ReplyDelete

Comments for Kelsey Creates