Friday, November 16, 2012

My First Sweater

Today I have a knitting finish for you - my first ever sweater! As far as apparel goes it is certainly nothing special, but I intentionally was trying to pick a simple project to transition into knitting clothing.

My First Sweater

The pattern is "Vested Baby Boy" by Scarlet Taylor, which I found via Ravelry.

My First Sweater

I had a little difficulty with the neckline - when I first completed the collar, my son's head would not fit through the hole! That would be a bit of a problem. :) The traditional bind-off I used just had no stretch at all. So I undid the bind-off and used this method combined with a larger needle size to finish it, and now it stretches easily to come on and off.

I definitely want to work on my knitting to be able to make sweaters and socks for myself, there are some absolutely gorgeous sweaters on Ravelry that are crying to be made. I just need to work on my skill to be able to do them justice first. :)

<3 Kelsey

P.S. Special thanks to my little man who posed so nicely all on his own. :)

9 comments:

  1. He looks pleased as punch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He totally was - after the first time I tried to put it on to fit while making it, he kept asking me to put it on him when he'd see me working on it. And then for pictures I didn't even have to pose him, he just sat all nice with his hands clasped and smiled at the camera all on his own. Too cute for this mama to handle! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, too cute. Great vest too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog post really working this thank you so much for this option.
    Sea Freight Company in India

    ReplyDelete

Comments for Kelsey Creates