Friday, November 23, 2012

do. Good Stitches, May 2012

This quilt was started by the gals in the Faith circle of do. Good Stitches way back in May. I've been working on it slowly, but surely, ever since, and can finally call this one done.

Do. Good Stitches, FAITH, May 2012

This quilt is a bit more traditional, but I do love red and white quilts.

Do. Good Stitches, FAITH, May 2012

The block is called the "Ohio Star". Together with 6" sashing this quilt is about perfect for a Full/Double bed (show here on our Queen).

For the first time ever I ventured away from an all over FMQ, and quilted feathers in the sashing.

Do. Good Stitches, FAITH, May 2012

This will be my last do. Good Stitches quilt, at least for the forseeable future. I just don't have the time to dedicate to it any longer, as you can see by how long it took me to complete this one quilt, and I'd love to have some time to sew some things for my own family. I love what these women do, and look forward to seeing where they go in the future. They are a talented and compassionate bunch.

Do. Good Stitches, FAITH, May 2012

Hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving.

<3 Kelsey

P.S. Linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday.

24 comments:

  1. It turned out beautiful! We will certainly miss you but wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsey you did beautiful work on this quilt! Congratulations for trying the feathering! It looks great to me. We will miss you in the Faith Circle. Hope you do find time to do sewing for your family :o}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its even more beautiful in person. Its amazing you were able to do this with a huge move to Colorado, and a second move into your first house this year. Whomever gets this one is going to just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely and classic quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful quilt! Your quilting looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the red and white. Georgous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quilt. I have myself started on a Ohio star quilt. It's such a great block.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's really pretty! Thanks for stitching all the blocks together for us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful!
    I completely understand about time. It's why I don't take part in bees, circles and swaps. I look forward to seeing what you make with your reclaimed time

    ReplyDelete

Comments for Kelsey Creates