Monday, September 26, 2011

Celebrate Color

Have you seen Celebrate Color, being hosted by StitchedInColor? It's a celebration of the beautiful, rich colors surrounding us in the fall. For my entry, I decided to embroider a table runner for the Needlework category.

Owl Table Runner Embroidery

This is my first time doing a big embroidery like this, and the design is my own. I used a mix of backstitch, stem stich, and cross stitch.

Owl Table Runner Embroidery

I decided to go with a very traditional fall color palette, using red, burgundy, gold, and a touch of pine green. I used linen in natural for my base fabric. For some reason, this shade of linen just screams fall to me. It has a lovely rich color and texture.

Owl Table Runner Embroidery

I love the cross stitch leaf. :)

Be sure to go over to celebrate color and check out all the other wonderful fall projects!


<3 Kelsey

Celebrate Color



6 comments:

  1. I also love the cross-stitch leaf, and the detail in the little tiny leaf! very "fall!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel at Stitched in Color HaSeptember 27, 2011 at 10:30 AM

    I have always disliked cross-stitch, but now I'm really drawn to it - it looks so graphic. Your leaf is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I used to do more traditional cross stitch when I was a kid, but after this project, I think I'm going to explore using it in more modern contexts. :)

    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete

Comments for Kelsey Creates