Friday, April 29, 2011

Pinterest

Have you heard of Pinterest yet? It's a website that allows you to create a virtual inspiration board for just about anything you find on the internet.  If you do any kind of design or creative work then this app is for you!

It differs from other bookmarking and favorite-ing tools because you browse your marked pages visually, with a picture you select fromt he page representing each item. Here is an example of a board I made of dresses:

dresses I love
I also use it to visually capture crafts and fabrics I want to create with myself some day.

Quilt and Quilt Blocks
Boy Quilt Fabric Selections
This makes it super easy to re-find that fabric bundle you saw the other day or the pillow that really inspired you without having to try a whole set of links. You also can browse other people's boards, which is great for finding inspiration. I really love this board:

where I want to be
It has so many amazing inspirational rooms.

Pinterest is still in private beta, so you need an invite to join.  You can sign up for the wait list to get an invite, or you can use an invite from a current user. If you need an invite, leave me a comment below!

<3 Kelsey

18 comments:

  1. I've been looking at that site and wondering how to get on! Much easier than sifting through my saved "bookmarks". I'd love it if you'd consider donating me an invite---hill.sarajo@gmail.com---Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking at it and thinking the same as Sara on the bookmarks!! thanks for possible invite!
    rebelpoco@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pinterest!!! But how in the world did you put the pictures here like that? I've been trying to figure it out for forever! :) Is it a screenshot? I don't know how to do that (yet) any tips??
    http://pinterest.com/emedoodle/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelsey:) I love PINTEREST!! It's so addictive, don't you think?? Anyway, I wanted to tell you that I'm giving you the Stylish Blogger Award!!! Your work is so inspiring for me:)
    http://sewhappiness.blogspot.com/2011/05/for-me-i-cant-believe-it.html
    Hope you have a great day!!
    xo
    Eleni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Thanks for stopping by and i JUST discovered pinterest and am glad to know the scoop on it. :)

    meg

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd really love an invite! I've been loving this idea since I heard of Pinterest :) Thanks for the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A couple who claim Sacramento Kings players DeMarcus Cousins and Matt Barnes "brutalized" them in a brawl at a New York nightclub have decided to sue the NBA players. The lawsuit, filed Cheap NCAA Jerseys in New York Southern District Court, says Jasmine Besiso and Myrone Powell were innocently hanging out when Barnes approached Besiso and began to choke her. The complaint also claims that Powell then Russell Westbrook Jerseys tried to intervene but was then punched in the face by Cousins. The lawsuit then claims Barnes knocked Besiso unconscious while Cousins kicked and punched Powell in the head and body Carmelo Anthony Jerseys while he was on the ground. Police arrived to the Avenue Nightclub after a 911 call was made, but Barnes had left by the time officers arrived. He has denied any wrongdoing.“There's Cavalier Steam Shop always two sides to a story,” Barnes posted on Instagram on Monday. “The side the media consistently tries to paint of me ... And what actually happened! Don’t believe everything you read.”TMZ Custom NBA Jerseys obtained footage from outside the nightclub shortly after the incident, but it's unclear what's going on. Cousins appears to be in the video and says, "Matt hit the s--- out this n----."A Cleveland Cavaliers Jerseys representative for Barnes told TMZ that the players were the real victims after an accidental bump in the VIP section set off a fight among clubgoers.
    Kings guard Darren Collison pleaded James Harden Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terima kasih artikelnya sangat membantu sekali mudah-mudahan artikel ini bermanfaat bagi semua.

    ReplyDelete

  9. شركات مكافحة حشرات بالخبر شركات مكافحة حشرات بالخبر
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بمكة شركات مكافحة حشرات بمكة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة شركات مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام شركات مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء شركات مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء

    ReplyDelete

Comments for Kelsey Creates