Friday, September 30, 2011

do. Good Stitches, September 2011

This month was Rachel's turn to organize for our circle in do. Good Stitches. For those who aren't familiar, each circle in this bee makes a quilt for charity each month. (See my turn leading here.) Rachel selected the popular Swoon pattern for our circle, which was generously donated by Camille. Here is a picture of the color inspiration Rachel gave us to get started, to be grouped with an off white, such as Kona Snow:

Faith Circle September Swoon

And here is my block:

do. Good Stitches, FAITH, September 2011

Pardon the sun spots. It was either sun spots or sneaking up and using a neighbor's patio that was in full shade. Because that wouldn't be awkward/creepy. ;)

Making this block was a lot of work, but so worth it - the results are just stunning. I definitely want to make a whole quilt using this pattern some day! I did get to use my new Baby Go! I won from Amanda for the HSTs. I used the four inch HST die and cut them down to size for greater precision. Overall I was really pleased with how my points matched up. 

Check out the other lovely blocks from our group posted so far:

do Good. Stitches, Faith, September 2011

Can't wait to see the final quilt!

<3 Kelsey

UPDATE: Want to see more Swoon goodness? Checkout all the Swoon blocks and quilts in the Thimble Blossoms Flickr Pool.

6 comments:

  1. I love swoon blocks. The final quilt will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen all the swoon blocks in Camille's flickr pool? SO much goodness. http://www.flickr.com/search/groups/?q=swoon&m=pool&w=1378510%40N24&z=t
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are so pretty! I gotta get this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good one. :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete

Comments for Kelsey Creates