Monday, November 29, 2010

One Thing, One Week Challenge 5

This week Amy of Amy's Creative Side is hosting another One Thing, One Week challenge. This was a short week for me as I was visiting my parents and away from my sewing machine until Saturday, but I was able to use the challenge to motivate me to complete a small, but important WIP. When my son was born I had made myself two pairs of pads for absorbing breast milk leakage using flannel on the inside, fleece on the backside, and a layer of Warm n Natural on the inside. I wanted to try them out before making more to make sure I liked them. Turns out I did like them, but it's two months later and I still hadn't gotten around to making more!

I decided to play around with a couple more different materials. I decided to use the fabric form an old pair of 100% cotton pajama pants that had finally torn beyond use. The cotton is old and worn, and thus very soft, so I thought it'd feel nicer against the sensitive skin. I also wanted to play with the inner absorptive materials. I ended up making one pair with Warm n Natural again, one pair with a pair of disposable breast pads inside, and one pair with a couple of outgrown diapers cut down to size inside.



Not the most glamorous finish, but an important one.  I will be trying them out this week and will be sure to report back which is the most comfortable after wear and washing, or if there was no noticeable difference.  :)

Kelsey

Linking up at:

13 comments:

  1. nice finish, and useful as well, when my sister was pregnant with the first of hers she asked me to make some for her, I used 5 or 6 layers of flannel and serged them together, quick and easy but effective, i like the idea of recycling diapers though! will have to try that if the need arrises again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to sew circuluar things! :) I'm afraid of those curves. Very useful and I'm sure much more comfortable than those throw-away store bought kind. :) Not to mention more earth friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm interested to learn how the one with the disposable inside holds up after washing.

    I just bought the washable kind when I needed them. But if I did it again, I'd rather be able to just make some, especially from recycled clothing like that.

    Great idea!

    ~ Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever idea! I used the washable kind when my kids were babies, but I like this idea. I'm going to tuck this away for potential future use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm interested to learn how the one with the disposable inside holds up after washing.

    I just bought the washable kind when I needed them. But if I did it again, I'd rather be able to just make some, especially from recycled clothing like that.

    Great idea!

    ~ Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever idea! I used the washable kind when my kids were babies, but I like this idea. I'm going to tuck this away for potential future use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 20181023 junda
    jordan shoes
    coach outlet
    supreme clothing
    cheap nfl jerseys
    nike shoes
    nike shoes
    montblanc pens
    michael kors handbags
    pandora charms
    michael kors outlet
    pandora charms
    tory burch outlet
    uggs outlet
    gucci outlet
    gucci outlet
    michael kors outlet
    michael kors handbags
    tory burch outlet
    nba jerseys
    harden shoes
    ugg outlet
    toms shoes
    visvim shoes
    chrome hearts outlet
    canada goose jackets
    balenciaga sneakers
    north face jackets
    true religion jeans
    coach outlet online
    louboutin pas cher
    canada goose jackets
    timberwolves jerseys
    coach outlet
    michael kors
    canada goose outlet
    cheap nfl jerseys
    adidas crazy
    red bottom shoes
    cheap mlb jerseys
    michael kors handbags

    ReplyDelete
  8. نقل عفش بالكويت
    فني صحي الكويت فني صحي بالكويت
    شركة تسليك مجارى الكويت شركة تسليك مجاري
    سباك الكويت سباك بالكويت
    شركة تنظيف الكويت شركة تنظيف شقق الكويت
    شركة غسيل سجاد الكويت مصبغة غسيل سجاد الكويت

    ReplyDelete

Comments for Kelsey Creates