Thursday, September 23, 2010

Android Cell Phone Case

So, recently I had my phone replaced by Verizon since its autofocus was never operational. Rather than getting another invisiShield, which eventually started peeling at the corners on my last Droid, I decided I'd make myself a little cloth case to put it in while inside my purse to keep it from getting scratched.

I used plain black cotton for the outside and a green cotton I had left over from my 23andMe quilt I'm working on for the lining. Inside I have some 100% cotton batting to help absorb moisture if it does get in, and a layer of jacket nylon to help it from getting in in the first place.

I definitely struggled with this one a bit. First I tried appliqueing on an Android logo using a blanket stitch, but the extra texture on the edge made it so it didn't have a graphic enough look to it. So I took that off and tried appliqueing using an invisible stitch, but that resulted in some slight puckering on the edge that I couldn't get to go away that led to the same problem of unclean edges. Finally I tried to just embroider the outline of the logo. This turned out more difficult than I anticipated to try to get straight lines and even stitches, but I deemed it good enough and moved on since I needed the case sooner rather than later.

This is also my first time trying to attempt binding anything. Again I struggled, this fighting to get the edges to be even, and my corners are far from perfect. It still amazes me how much easier it is to get straight lines by hand instead of with the machine, which is what I used for this. I certainly gained an appreciation for my fellow craft bloggers - they all make it look so easy!

But in the end it worked well enough - and my phone is nice and snug in its new home. (At least until I try again.)


A better view of the Android Logo:


A shot of the inside:


What it looks like closed:

If nothing else it was a learning process. :P

Kelsey

16 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love it and great job on the logo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! That is too cute. And your binding looks really good-- great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're your own toughest critic and I think this looks great. The android is cute and his slightly wonky stitches give him personality (though I think they're just fine).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes we are our own worst critic. It looks great and is doing the job is was made for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! It turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The logo is very cute. I think you did a great jbo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! It turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You will need to increase your water intake in order to keep your body very well hydrated.
    Obesity and overweight is an increasing trend as
    more people are gaining weight due to unhealthy lifestyle.

    Not only are you probably consuming more calories in that one meal than you would've if
    you've just eaten small, healthy meals throughout the day, but you've slowed
    down your metabolism in the process, and turned yourself into a grouch.



    Feel free to surf to my web blog; weight loss with hcg and phentermine

    ReplyDelete
  9. واليكم خدمات شركة تسليك مجارى بالاحساء توفر الشركة تسليك بالوعات المنزل الداخليه وعلاج مشاكل انسدادها فى المطابخ أو الحمامات وتنظيف مواسير الصرف الصحى , وتصليح شبكات عيوب الصرف فى المنزل وأنشاء شبكات صرف جديدة أن تواجد عيوب فى الشبكه وتسليك البلوعات والبيارات الخارجيه والتى تتواجد أسفل المنازل أوالشوارع من خلال شركتنا أفضل شركة تسليك مجارى بالاحساء بكل ذلك باستخدام أفضل الاجهزه وسيارات شفط المياه فلا داعى للقلق اليكم الحل وهو الاتصال بشركتنا ونكون بالقدوم باسرع وقت ممكن شركة تسليك مجارى بالاحساء .
    واليكم أيضا خدمات شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء تتميز الشركة أنها تستخدم أفضل الاجهزه الحديثة التى تقوم بالكشف على المواسير الصغيره والكبيره ومعرفه مكان الثقوب مهما كانت صغيره , تمتلك الشركة أفضل فنيون فى كشف تسربات المياه والذين يمتلكون الخبره من خلال شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء من خلال استعمالهم الاجهزه الحديثه والمتطوره ومعرفه مكان التسريب أصلاحه فى أسرع وقت ممكن , كما يتواجد مع الفريق مندوبين من الشركة يقومون بمتابعه العمل للتاكد من سير العمل بشكل متكامل فشركتنا أفضل شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء , وبجانب تلك المميزات فالشركة تعتبر من أرخص الشركات المتواجده فى مجال كشف التسريبات فقط أتصلو بنا 0557194600 .

    ReplyDelete

Comments for Kelsey Creates